Trade Waste and Water Testing Programs
Trade waste is all liquid waste, including clean wash water used during business activities, that is discharged into the sewer system.
It is important that liquid waste from businesses is managed correctly as there is a high volume of it and the contaminants can be hazardous. As such, trade waste and water must meet certain legislative requirements regarding the contents and levels of contaminants.
There is a general environmental duty (GED) for all employers to ensure that discharges do not impact human health or the environment. Approvals may also apply to the off-site discharge of stormwater which may be subject to an approved Stormwater Management Plan.
Services Eva and Associates can provide in association with trade waste and water testing include:
- Collection, measurement or review of various trade waste parameters including temperature, oils/fats, pH, metals and more
- Interpretation of sample results and comparison to the relevant Australian standards
- Visual representations of data to show trends over time
- Compliance assessment against Trade Waste Agreements
- Compliance assessment against approved Stormwater Management Plans
- Drinking water collection and contaminant screens
Please contact us on (03) 9563 2234 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.