Fit Test Training
Fit Test Training Course Outline
About Eva and Associates
Eva and Associates is an occupational health and hygiene consultancy company based in Melbourne and have been providing consultancy services nationally and across the Asia Pacific region for over 30 years.
Eva & Associates employs over 10 RESP Fit accredited staff who have assisted many workplaces to provide fit tests for staff using quantitative fit testing methods.
About the training
Our tailored training courses are delivered by industry leaders giving you the confidence to use the equipment and software associated with quantitative fit testing.
The fit test training course provides comprehensive and practical guidance on using the Portacount/AccuFIT machines for conducting respirator fit testing, including:
- Instruction on how to conduct respirator fit testing
- Inspection of respirators for defects
- How to don/doff and adjust respirators
- Maintenance and storage
- Record keeping
The course is presented over 1 day and is a combination of theory and practical training. Training presentation handouts will be supplied. All training is conducted by a RESP fit accredited person.
The training will include a power point presentation on the basics of fit testing, hands on training with the PortaCount/Accufit units and supervision of trainees as they conduct fit tests on personnel.
The training, theory and practical exercises takes approximately 5 – 6 hours to complete. This includes an allowance at the completion of the theory for participants to conduct respiratory fit tests using available equipment.
Upon completion of the training course, participants will receive a certificate of attendance from Eva and Associates.
The group size for face-to-face training would ideally be capped at 10 participants’ due to availability of fit testing equipment (PortaCount or AccuFIT). Larger group training can be arranged, please contact us for further information.
10am to 4pm, with scheduled breaks for morning tea and lunch. However, Eva and Associates are flexible with start and finish times & happy to cater to what is most suitable for your business.
- Purpose of fit testing.
- Understand the requirement of fit testing as per the standards
- General fit test considerations and selection of RPD
- Correct donning and fit check procedure
- Value of fit testing and your role as the operator
- Fit testing methodology and protocol
- Capabilities and limitations of RPD and equipment
- Components of quantitative fit test equipment, PortaCount/AccuFIT machine
- Care and maintenance of RPD
- Interpretation of results, viewing and printing reports
- Sanitisation and cleaning procedures
- Troubleshooting of equipment.
Venue and Catering
Training will be conducted either at the Eva and Associates office or off site at client’s premises on request.
Eva and associates office training will be provided with morning tea and lunch. Please provide us with any dietary requirement ahead of time.
Cost of course
Fee Options: Respirator Fit Testing Training (EX GST)
|Cost per consultant
* Additional travel costs will be incurred for regional and interstate travel.
* Cost is inclusive of 5 persons training. Additional trainees will be $500 + GST
Questions and addditonal information
To book or if you have any questions about the course please contact us on (03) 9563 2234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org